Some of the common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, psoriatic arthritis, septic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. This article briefly describes the major symptoms of these arthritis types.
Arthritis is associated with the pain which affects the joints of the body. Arthritis affects members of both sexes. Different types of arthritis affect different people in different ways.
There are several causes of arthritis like hormonal imbalance, emotional stress, hereditary factors, physical exertion, infection, structural changes in the articular cartilage of joints, injury, shock, obesity, ageing, previous physical injuries, high level sports and occupational sports.
Though there are more than 100 different kinds of arthritis, but some of them are more common and their symptoms include –
- Osteoarthritis Symptoms: It is also known as degenerative arthritis, arthrosis, degenerative joint disease or ‘’wear and tear’’. This condition is related with low grade inflammation and results in pain in the joints. In this condition the patient experiences pain during walking and standing. It is the most common form of arthritis.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms: This condition is said to be a chronic, inflammatory autoimmune disorder. It is a painful inflammatory condition that affects the joints. Sometimes it may lead to substantial loss of mobility. Approximately 60% of the patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis are unable to work after 10 years of the onset of their disease.
- Gout Arthritis Symptoms: This arthritis is associated with a sudden onset of severe pain in the big toe, but it may affect any joint of the body. This problem can be controlled with the help of diet and medication. Most cases are found in men and women between the ages of 40 and 50 but can occur in any age group.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Symptoms: It is associated with inflammation in the bone and other joint tissue like rheumatoid arthritis. Sometimes the whole body may be affected. 5% of the people suffering from psoriasis, a skin disease, are affected by this arthritis. It is a chronic disease.
For some people it is mild but for some people it can be quite severe.
- Septic Arthritis: Usually this condition occurs by the invasion of the joint space due to some infectious agent. Usually this arthritis is bacterial but sometimes it may be viral, micro-bacterial and fungal.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis Arthritis Symptoms: This condition is associated with a chronic inflammatory disease of the spine and can result in fused vertebrae and rigid spine. Usually it affects men between the ages of 16 and 35 years. It is much harder to diagnose in the women.
Call today for more info.
122-1959 152nd St, Surrey | 604.531.4400 | www.pharmacybc.com