Lethbridge Marketing Expert – Christy Ross

Content Creation

Content Creation – Don’t just treat it as a buzzword that makes you sound like you have something worth checking out. Use it as a key tool to keep your consumers engaged, build your brand and strengthen loyalty with your audience. The opportunities to create and share content have grown substantially in the last decade with advances in technology. No matter what industry you find yourself in, take advantage of it!

So where do you start? First decide on WHO you are targeting, is there sub-groups of your target market that different forms of content appeal to? With the expansion of our consumers and technology, we live in a society where demand for content has increased, as well as the availability and frequency. Many of us are constantly on our phones and always looking for more content to consume, whether that be in the form of videos, photos, blogs or reviews. Start first by deciding who you want to target. It is important to know who you want to attract with your content. Once you have your demographic decided, figure out which platforms best reach that audience. Are they most active through Social Media? Do you need to be top of mind through radio? Finding the platform that best suits your target will ensure that your content is reaching the right consumers.

After you figure out the WHO and the HOW, it’s time to figure out WHAT. What are you going to share with them? There are a couple key things to keep in mind while decide what content you want to create and share with you targeted audience. First is to make sure your information is important and interesting for your consumers. Providing valuable information to your consumer will help strengthen loyalty to your brand. Keep your audience’s attention and keep them coming back for more! Finally, do your research. Know who you’re targeting and know enough about your subject to make your content relevant for both. Your time is valuable, and so is your consumer’s.

Provide relevant content using the 80/20 rule: 80% of the content you provide should be informative, educational and entertaining. The other 20% use for promotion and sharing of your own business or product.

Keep up to date with our content! You can find us on several different social media platforms, give KiSS 107.7 and 106.7 Rock a like on Facebook, or a follow on our Instagram and Twitter accounts, download our free apps or find us on the Radio Player Canada App!

106.7 ROCK and KiSS 107.7

1015 3rd Ave S Lethbridge, AB | (403)328-1077