Combating Chronic Inflammation
The last article, I addressed chronic inflammation and how it interferes with the healing process while promoting chronic fatigue and poor health. In this article, I want to give you some suggestions that I have found very useful in reducing chronic inflammation so you can lead a more active and vibrant life.
Here are some suggestions in no particular order of importance:
- Add anti-inflammatory foods to your diet daily- Squeezed lemon and water, fresh ginger tea, and turmeric can very easily be consumed throughout your day reducing your body’s acid and inflammatory levels. Another tip is to Google the “top anti-inflammatory foods”. This will allow you to make wiser nutrition and grocery purchasing decisions.
- Reduce or eliminate inflammation causing food from your diet– Processed foods and sugars such as soft drinks, packaged snack foods and sugary boxed cereals are highly inflammatory. Basically, if the ingredients on the package are numerous and you can’t even pronounce some of them, the food probably isn’t good for you.
- Take an IgG Food Sensitivity Test- This is an enlightening test to take. Your test results will show the degree of sensitivity your body is towards various foods. If you are unknowingly highly sensitive to various foods that you consume regularly, inflammation may be wreaking havoc in your body. Many natural health practitioners can administer and interpret this test for you.
- Meditation and relaxation techniques- Increased stress throughout your day elevates the hormone cortisol in your body. Cortisol is known as the “stress hormone.” Too much of it over a prolonged period of time adds to chronic inflammation. Having a tool to practice daily, such as meditation, can be invaluable in managing your day and reducing cortisol levels.
- Regular chiropractic care- Proper alignment is crucial to minimize wear and tear in all your joints. If your body is off balance, everything you do is putting excess stress on your joints. This adds a great deal to the amount of your inflammation. I hear this all the time, “Why is my back so sore all of a sudden, I didn’t do anything?” By performing daily activities with your joints out of alignment, inflammation results, and it’s only a matter of time until you experience soreness and pain.
Apply even one or two from the list above to experience a new and improved you. In our modern era, it has become vital to understand how to combat chronic inflammation on a daily basis for improved health. Contact our office for a free consultation to see if we can help.