New Year, Better Posture
Setting New Year’s resolutions will help you focus on your goals and improve areas of our lives. But we all know staying on track might be difficult, therefore we believe that small and easy changes can be a better alternative than changing your whole lifestyle all at once. Our resolution is simple: better our posture. Why? A good posture improves your confidence, productivity, moods, focus and more!
Take into account these five tips on how to achieve proper posture when working at your desk:
- Sit with your back straight, your shoulders slightly pulled backward and your buttock touching the end of the seat.
- Your neck should be upright with ears aligned with your shoulders. Any tilting of the neck exerts pressure on the neck and spine.
- While typing, keep your elbows at an open 90 to 100 degree angle to relax your shoulders. Wrists should be in a neutral position to avoid stressing them.
- Avoid crossing your legs or sitting on one of them, as tempting as it may be. If your legs start to feel restless, get up and move instead.
- Both feet should be flat on the floor – use a footrest if necessary.
Having in mind these simple tips will help you make good posture a habit. If you have any questions about how to set your workstation to protect your posture and to make work efficient, let us know! At Desk’n File, we offer you and your team ergonomic assessments to make sure you all work without pain or reduced focus.